Sunday, April 27, 2008

AP Educ Meeting

First time ever, we had a full - 5 day AP meeting in Singapore.
Its quite cool as I get to see people from AP whom are in Educ biz.
Me as usual being the Kaypoh one, besides attending the meeting on behalf of my counterparts, I was roped in to help in taking care of everyone's stomach.
Arrange all the tea break, breakfast, lunch and dinner for the team(of coz Kudos to my team who helped me lots while Im in meeting).
Day 2 was best part of the meeting. We went to Outward Bound Singapore for a 1 day team building trip. The last time I came here was.. wow.. 10 yrs ago. I really missed this place.

We had breakfast first before the session kicked off. 1st task? To know each other all over again and we were to exchange id. 2nd task? To do ball juggling, which we failed badly.
Coz too many voice and all wanted all to follow. Of coz we were forced to reflect and set our own ground rules.
3rd task, Raft escape in 45 mins. 19 of us to get on 4 tiny woods with another few more blocks. With all our sizes, we have to all squeeze in and out of sudden, errr, y m I at the front???Oh man.. Trust me, we are all like sardine fish, all packed!!!
And oops, one of the wood accidentally hit the floor from the start, I didnt mean it!!! T-T.. It was heavy and no one helped me... So we lost the first piece and was placed 1 metre away from us and we got to get there to win it back.. We managed to do it!!!
N they say Im like dancing coz stretching and trying to balance on tt little block.. Haha Markus got to hang on to me else Im going to fall.. Its all about team wk, blocks passing from back to front, holding on to each other and balance so tt none will fall.. Its really not easy... But we managed to complete it in 42 mins!!! Cool right?!? We actually learned to cooperate with each other and TEAMWORK!!!
All shouted with joy when we crossed the finishing line...
After lunch, we went rock climbing!!
Its the first time for a lot of us and gosh, its not easy... I manage to cross half of the wall but gave up soon coz I injured myself on the elbow when I slipped accidentally.. The pain kicked in after they lowered me down.. But its ok.. I enjoyed it(the rock climbing I mean, not the pain)!
Hehe.. SMILE!!
1 group photo b4 we move on to the next activity.

4th Task, build a real raft so tt we could go out to the sea and plant our flag! With only ropes, barrels and pipes, we started building. We break in small groups to perform our duty.. Its not easy, but we manage to do it and yes, its good enough to go out to the sea!!!
Out we go!!! Started to row.... The current was strong, but its ok, we managed! We got our flag, planted it and ready to row back.. But not before long, we started water war.. Someone started to splash water and everyone join in... Those poor thg in the middle were really wet coz both left n right attacked.. Haha.. But yup its fun!!!
After a quick wash up, time for a light dinner before saying goodbye...
Tired, but really contented..
Took a lift from the jetty to Roxy hotel with the team and oh, my boss whom happened to be in town, stayed in the same hotel. I called him out for dinner and a chat.. Hes very nice to talk to.. :D

No comments: