Saturday, November 24, 2007

!!Desserts!! ~ 3

Taking a break from my studies... So.... Time to talk about desserts!
Donut Factory - A shop that started the Donut craze in town.. Ppl willing to queue for hrs jus to buy the donut.. Of coz, if u know me well enough, u know I wont queue more than 15 mins.. Hahaha!! Sayuri Chan n I passed by the outlet at Suntec and since the queue is very very short(amazingly), we decide to join in and ordered 1(yes, jus 1). We got our donut in less than 10 mins. Ive ordered Choco mint(I tik so.. hmmm). The bread is soft and its chocolaty. Hahah so Sinful, but ok la, I tik I wont queue 3 hrs for it..
The Coffee Club - The 1st time I tried this drink, Earl Grey float, didnt like it.. I like Earl Grey tea and ice cream as itself, putting them together, taste strange. After a few times, not able to resist either one of them, I kept ordering n slowly got used to the taste and even like it.. Hehe.. You may want to try.. But mind u, the taste and after taste is quite strong...
Sayuri chan wanted to try Ritz Carlton hotel's high tea. Since I nv been there before, I happily went with her.. Hermm a bit expensive though.. :P You could see that the food had been carefully prepared and they even had a live band playing for an hour.
They had a special theme. Its the sour fruits theme... FAINT!!! Its not my favorite.. All the desserts were made from sour fruits, lemon, lime, orange, etc etc.. SO SOUR!! My face expression kept changing coz of the sourness.. I tik Sayuri chan trying not to laugh...
We had dinner wif Sayuri chan before she flew off. As usual, dessert.. But.. Im too too too full... Since Xiang still could eat, he ordered Brownie with Ice Cream and I grab a few bites.. Quite nice, though slightly too sweet for me..
But its chocolate!! I cant resist!!

Waraku had a new venture, Waraku Pasta. They had new desserts too.. I was craving for one, and Im fulled... So nice bro Xiang shared with me.. We ordered Tiramisu cake with Ice cream.. Yummy yummy.. I like ice cream tt comes with fruits.. Not too sweet, jus nice.. If u r a lover of tiramisu, u could try!
After Da Ge, intro me to this place at Tampines Swimming complex, Ive brought the gang there twice to eat out. 1st time, we were too full, 2nd time, we left some space in the tummy to try the ice cream. Xiang ordered Macha and Xun ordered Mango. Its less than $5 each and they have lots of ingredients. Its really worth it. The mango one is on the sweet side, but the ice at the bottom, balance it off..
No Birthday cake? Its incomplete for a birthday in my house.
Couldnt recall since when it started tt we need a cake for every birthday. This yr, we bought cake from Bangawansolo for BIL n Mum, Sun Moulin for Sis and BreakTalk for Dad.. I thought my sis cake was the best... Coz its made out of good yummy n rich chocolate!! Hahaha
Remember during Xun n my bir we went to MM hotel to have high tea?? The dessert there is good.. But of coz compare to the dinner, dinner one is better. But well, theres cake, ice cream, Fondue, kuehs etc, whos complaining?

After which, we went to NYDC to have Desserts..
Errr.. Tea for me only pls.. Couldnt eat anymore.. Xiang ordered mud pie... Hahaha

Xiang n I was shopping ard Tampines when he asked me, ice cream? Hehe.. of coz, its our regular thg to do.. But we dont wan to go to Hagen, so we went for Swensens. Ohh.. Special promo, 1 for 1 sundae. We got a Coit Tower and a Ring-a-ling-a-ding. Nice, rich chocolate.. but too sweet...
Miao fly airplane la(not tt shes flying off).. so Xun n I ended up at Airport Sakae sushi for dinner. They are trying out new desserts at the Airport branch only. So we two ordered the Macha Cheesecake and Yuzu Ice cream. The Yuzu Ice cream is great, not too sweet, not too sour, but my poor gum being sensitive tt day, was giving me a hard time eating the ice cream. The Cheesecake is not too thick with cheese(which to my liking), but I hope the they put more Macha powder.. I thought the cheesecake goes very very well with the powder..
Ok.. Tts all for now.... Till much much later for part 4... Hahaha

4 comments:

Skyes said...

Sakae Sushi Macha Power... erm I meant Macha Powder hahaha... Next time I suggest you getting plain cheese cake..Then buy one large container of macha powder... Dip the cheese cake into the powder and eat it...

If you want we also can make macha ice lollipop..

Two ways: First, we could mix macha powder and plain water before freezing it..

Second, we could just freeze plain water and dip the whole lollipop into the container of macha powder... Idea rite? Chef Skyes tip of the day

This blog seemed to become a dessert blog section hahahaa...

Satsuki said...

Hahaha!! So am I assuming right tt next coming fri night u going to make tt for us all to eat??

Well well, when Im back from my holiday, I will sure have more desserts to post!! Cool right?
Having desserts is the happiest thg isnt it..
Life is about being happy and getting out of wk..
Hahaha

Skyes said...

you sure wanna eat my macha power.. erm powder ice lolli? Lol!!

No sugar, no additional flavourings or preservatives.. Very healthy but non-organic hahahaa... Suitable for all ages except people with sensitive teeth :x

Satsuki said...

Hahaa at least can eat can la..
I jus went to the dentist ok..
So this fri on or off?? wait someone fly airplane again..
Having potluck?
Then troublesome leh..
Remember make more dessert hor..
Hahaha