Saturday, October 6, 2007

!!Desserts!! ~ 2

2dessert001 Haha.. For those who know me well, shld know tt Im a big dessert lover. This is dessert showcase part 2. For the start - First pix is the little cookie bag that Shio San gave me during the show last xmas.. After 6 mths, threats from my dad tt if I dont eat it, he will be, I opened the package with Xiaomei to eat while watching Takarazuka !! SHIYAWASE!!!The next package is Senbei from Takarazuka theatre, Shiho san brought back from Japan and I took one to eat.. They have pixs of flowers on the Senbei.
2dessert002 2dessert003 When Sayuri's Mum came, we went to Marina Mandarin hotel to have dinner. The choices for dessert have so so MUCH!! Im so excited and kept eating the dessert. Believe me, this is jus 1/10 of the range they had tt night!!! The tiramisu is the best!!!!Im looking so fwd to go there again!!! Her mum bought me a box of cakes from Tokyo, Ginza. Its nice!! Theres orange cake, green tea cake, fruit cake etc etc!!! I loved the green tea cake most!!
2dessert004 We went out for a team lunch to Waraku. I had been there many times but had yet to try the dessert coz, Im always too full for dessert. This time round, we left space for dessert and we order the Green tea ice cream and assorted ice cream imported from Japan. Just nice! Not too sweet!!
2dessert005 At times, I liked to go for Savory desserts too. Thai desserts had both sweet and savory. This is at Sabai @Ngee Ann City Shopping Center. They sell authentic Thai dessert prepared for Thai chef! They have buffet for the desserts. One price for all the desserts on the displayed table.
2dessert006 Its Azlina's Birthday and we prepared a surprise for her.. Wanted to sneak up to her and wish her happy birthday with a mango cake. But jus as we were preparing, she turned around to talk to me and saw us with the cake. All of us went silent a moment b4 saying, YOU SPOIL LA!!!! Like tt no more surprise liao!! Hahaha! All 4 of us kept laughing!!!
2dessert007 Josephine and I went to one new cafe to try out the food for dinner. And it comes as a set with a drink n dessert of the day.
Its mini banana boat ice cream(served in an ice cream bowl..) Hahaha.. Even though Im not a banana boat lover but I quite enjoyed this one.. Maybe coz Im too tired from wk this day n needed somethg sweet to boost my energy.. hahaha!
2dessert008 Its Xiaomei's birthday and of coz, there must have cake to celebrate the day isnt it..
We were out earlier so when choosing cake, I made her choose what she like. She chose a cake tt filled with lots n lots of chocolate from a bakery shop.. YUMMY!!! Chocolates!!!! Good Choice!! Hahaha
2dessert009 Its girls night out for miao n I, so we two went to MOF to have dinner and DESSERT! Well... I chose back my green tea shake... Miao thought she had choosen a new choice, but seems tt, she had mistaken, she ordered back the same ice cream.. Hahaha.. End up we two ate what we had previously missing out other type of dessert..
2dessert010 Sayuri had a craving to try out one bakery at VivoCity b4 she head back Japan. Xun n I happily tag along with her.. We ordered ten disc in total of dessert for our afternoon tea!! When miao met us later, shes amazed by us and of coz, calling us siao to eat so much dessert!! Hahaha!! We had cakes(my tiramisu cake!), ice creams, pies, mooncake. tea, etc!I cant resist them!We finished them all! Dont doubt us!!I have proof! *Grinzzz*
2dessert011 I liked chinese dessert too!
This is sweet potato caramel. Heres how to eat, the chef will coat the hot sweet potato with melted caramel and the moment the dish is served we have to dip the sweet potato at once into the ice water provided so tt the melted caramel will be harden. Its a tough dish and u have to act fast to dip into the water and to avoid ur hands being tangled by the caramel bits... My parents ate this the first time and find tt its a special dish..
2dessert012_1 Its mooncake festival.. And wat we have for sure? Mooncakes la!!!
There are all sorts of different types of mooncakes.
From the tradition type with or w/o yorks to yam to chocolate, fruits, durian, wine, champagne etc etc.
Amazing isnt it! But I still like tradition ones. The new types are interesting but will get bored after a while.. Oh yup, theres green tea type which I liked too!
2dessert013 Recently Im very much into this chinese dessert, Mango Sago with Pomelo. Its a sweet, cold, yummy dessert. If Im at a chinese rest, I will order this as my finishing touch!
Ok tts all folks for now... Part 3 will be right up..... Sometime..

No comments: