Saturday, October 6, 2007

Happy Chinese Lunar New Yr

HaPPy HaPPy LuNaR NeW Yr!!!

This yr is the Year of Boar(pig means pig la!!)
Cny001 For the 1st time, my Reunion Dinner taken place outside the house.. For all the 23 yrs, it always been at home with my parents having steamboat. But this yr. my uncle(from my mum side) suggest that all shall eat together for CNY's eve..
Of coz, all the aunties agreed coz they wont have to be so busy preparing dinner individually.
So, here we are at the restaurant waiting for dinner... Wah sei!!! Didnt know so many ppl have their dinner out... The restaurant can hold up to 1500pax and, they r fully booked with turned around 1once already... Usually my mum's side, we will have to book 3 tables, but as this yr my sis n bro in law couldnt make it, as well as my 2nd uncle's family, so we only had 2 tables, one for the adults, one for the "kids"(the usual). But i thought tt was pretty good as its easier to go ard to yak..
Cny002 Dont know everyone crazy bot photography or wat.. 24 of us but there are 7 cameras... Hai yo.. all keep taking n taking.. So u can see from my photos posted, everyone is looking at different directions, coz so many ppl taking at the same time!! See.. This two brothers taking at the same time....

First dish of be "Yu Sheng". Well, look how clean the table is and look at the after match by us, the "kids table".. The adults say we "Chor Lor"!
Cny004 Cny003



We started eating and in between of dishes, sometimes there are like 15 mins of "interval", so we go ard playing, chatting...

Cny006 Cny007 Cny010 Cny013





Cny011

Cny014 Cny015

Picture_1152








My mum's family had an agreement about 3 yrs ago tt we "kids" wont be getting any more ang bao from them as we all had grown up(except for one) and earning more than them.. Haha.. We, "kids" cant protest either... But our dearest uncle, decided to keep the "custom" of CNY, and give us "kids" ang bao.. So we, "kids", all went over together to the adults' table and thank our uncle..

Picture_1143_1012_1They all had a shocked when all 8 of us got up n walked towards them, and other tables was looking over coz everyone was seated except for us.. My cousins said to hold the ang bao n take photo together...
My uncle was so shy... hahahaha.. And other adults were laughing away..

Soon dinner had end... N we headed home.. But the next day we are going to meet again at my uncle's house for CNY celebration part 2!!!! But the photos for this part 2 are with my cousin.. I hadnt take from him yet... But well, its nothing much, steamboat, popiah, karaoke, majong, chess playing, chatting, etc.... Its very enjoyable though... I really loved spending my time with my mum's family...

No comments: