Thursday, January 10, 2008

5th Japan Trip 2007 - #11

23rd Dec 07 - We wanted to go to Shiroi Koibito but as the company facing some problem now, they're not opened to public yet. So we ended up going to snow mountain.

It took us nearly 1 hr journey from our Sapporo station to Snow World - Takino Suzuran Hillside park. During winter season, entrance is free. Snow and more snow. Today is the first day of opening. Not much ppl yet buy rather, quite quiet. But its good for us coz the snow is so clean, no one stepped on it yet. They were very deep too. Up to my kneecap.

The place really really quiet. With very pretty fencing, little house and small huts.
Suddenly, we became big kids. Packing snow balls and having snow fight.

Looking at the clean blanket of snow, I had the urge to lie down on it like how kids in the comics did. "POP". Laid down on the snow.
Its not as cold as what I expected but since the snow its deep, I was quite worried I may sank into it.. Haha.. Thank goodness I didnt. But when getting up, I need XM help to pull me up.
As we walked on, we saw the Tube float slide. The electric line will pulled us up hill(Good! no need to walk). At the top, we will have to queue and wait for our turn to slide down. Due to safety reason, they only allow one to be at the slide at each time. So had to wait for a while. The slide is 200meter long. Its slides down the icy hill really fast!! Hehe... I played twice.
But my sis ran indoor to the resting place. Coz she brought the wrong shoes and the snow slipped into her shoes and when it melt, the socks is wet and her toes became freezing numb. We bought lunch from the canteen area. Theres pasta, soup, Curry rice etc. I had pasta(500 yen) and Corn Soup(200 yen).
The last bus back to the station is 4pm, we had to catch the bus. Theres a little hut at the bus stop. The scenery of sun setting very romantic too, wasnt it?

We went to Sapporo Beer Factory to tour round and went to the gift shop to buy some presents back to frds. At the shopping center, my parents didnt want to shop anymore, they came to Mister Donut to have a break. That was my 2nd time for this trip to eat its Donut(89yen - 200yen). Strange... I thought I took a pix of the donut I ordered, but I cant find it now.. Anyway, we ate the donuts and ordered "Miso pao"while watching the musical xmas tree.
Since we were not hungry for dinner, we went to Sapporo shopping street for shopping. My sis bought a pair of boots and cosmetics, and more food shopping for XM n I.
Walking back to hotel while searching for a good place for dinner, we saw this ad, 300G of crab for 700Yen(i tik). Its very cheap. Its on level 2 of the building. We thought, hmmm maybe not crowded ba, coz it look so quiet on the outside. Wow, were we so wrong. The place very big and they were full house. So we had to take the counter seat.
We ordered alot of food, haha!!! Pls see pix for clearer view.... Total bill, slightly less than 4000 yen.



No comments: