Saturday, January 12, 2008

5th Japan Trip 2007 - #13

25th Dec 07 - Its xmas day! My parents and sis going to Lake Toya. Since XM n I went b4 in 2006, we decided not to follow. Instead we chose a place tt seems not much ppl go, Tomakomai City. Dont ask me y we chose this place, coz we dont know too. Hahaha. Theres isnt any info about this place b4, so we want to be hero go explore la..
While we having breakfast in our hotel, it started to snow again.
Its really a white xmas. Though no fireplace, but we could feel that all clam and quiet.
After breakfast, we took the bus to Tomakomai city. When we reached Tomakomai City, I got a bit worried coz the town seems quite ulu.... I told XM, oops, have we chose the wrong place to venture. Xm said, well, errrrr dont know leh..
Im even more worried when we got off at the center. Even the center got nothing much but one shopping center and supermarket!! Thank goodness theres a tourist info center and they suggested us to go to Utonai ko which is less than 30mins from center.
We bought lunch from the supermarket before catching the bus. Upon reaching the lake, its so beautiful that we felt its worth for the long journey
As its 1+ already, we went to the resting stop to hide away from the coldness and filled up our tummy with wat we bought at the supermarket. I bought Crab omelette's rice. Though its not warm, but it very very nice!!!
The gravy was not too salty, the egg had been nicely done and the crab meat, was from real crab not like SG, not crab stick. Yummy....
After staying in for an hr, we finally went out to the lake. Its as cold as wat we experienced at Lake Toya, or even colder. This lake is top 100 Hokkaido natural beauty. Its really beautiful, but as its cold too. We couldnt walk too long.
We went to the nearest area where theres lots of swan and ducklings.
XM very excited!! Theres a little box for you to put in 100yen and take a bag of food on ur own to feed the swans n ducklings.
Though they r not my favo type of animals but seeing them so cute, I got a pack to feed them too. XM dare to put the foodies on her palm to feed them, but noooooo for me!!! Maybe coz when Im young, a bird poke my hand till it bled while Im feeling it. That had casted a shadow on me. I was quite terrified when they got too near to me, hence I ran far far from them. Hahaha..
After feeding them, we stayed a while longer to admire the beauty here. Both of us agreed, this's really really one of the best mother nature gave to humans. Clear blue sky, blanket of white snow, flocks of birds gathered together, no noise, air and "lake" pollution, what more could we asked?
Its 3pm, time to walk to the bus stop to wait for bus back to center. Though not willing to go, but, haizz had to no matter wat.. There wasnt much traffic on the road. I tik Jap ppl are very thoughtful. They built a little hut for ppl to hide while waiting for the bus, so that ppl dont have to wait in the cold. Its serve as a hiding place, for us at least. :P
After returning to the town center, XM and I went shopping.
The clothes here were pretty and suitable for me to wear to office..
Hehe...So, I started shopping again. XM also bought nail stickers for her hp and niece.
Soon back on the bus, going back to Sapporo town.
We reached Sapporo around 7pm and my family reached back around the same time. But as they were not hungry XM n I went for our Xmas dinner alone and they went shopping(in the end they ate ramen). Coz today's the last day in Sapporo.
XM n I went back to the place that we went to on day 1 in Hokkaido.
She ordered her Veggie pizza again coz she said its really good and I had the 3 mushroom type with Wafu Sauce pasta. Its a huge portion again so I must not waste food. :p
Since its xmas, well, its an excuse for me to try the dessert since I didnt get to eat it the first time. XM said she should try one too. She had almond tofu with fruits(500yen), she very happy coz theres fruits and the almond jelly melts in the mouth. I tried green tea ice cream with red bean and honey on toasted bread(700yen). Its very very special type of dessert. Theres lots of honey on the bread making the bread sweet and the ice cream is milky but not too sweet. Yummy..
When we were walking back to our hotel around 9pm, snow started to fall again. White xmas night.
Being greedy, I bought a little cake back to hotel too. Its one of the must try dessert in Sapporo. Its chocolate with chiffon cake (320yen)
Its dark chocolate and the cake very soft. I cant describe the taste but its really really good.
Uh, ok, enough of food, time to pack my luggage. -_-||
Just when we're about to zzZZZzz, snow started to fall heavily.
My mum said its too cold, she jus wan to watch it from the window, but XM n I ran out to take pix, though its not as heavy as wat we went through in 2006, but its good enough for us to get excited.

No comments: