Saturday, January 5, 2008

5th Japan Trip 2007 - #5

17th Dec 07 ~ KOBE.
This my 3rd time here and 2nd time for XM. I overslept and got off at the wrong station. But luckily its jus 2 stops away. Since its early, XM n I had breakfast at a bakery shop. I had the curry bread, egg and Green Tea latte again! And XM had mochi, Walnut bread and Hot Cocoa! About 500yen for each of us.
Around 11.20, XM n I went back to the right station to meet with Sayuri. We trying Onsen today! First time for XM n me. Excited and a little shy. We decided to go to Arima town for Onsen. This place is famous for their onsen and Taka stars like to come here too.. :p It took us near to 1hr bus ride. Arima is really quite hillside place.
We went to Kin-no-yu and it has men n women separate bath. Shy la!!!
At first when we stepped into the changing room we had a culture shock. I guessed they are used to it but we were so shy. XM wanted to back out coz we were so not used to. But I told her, since we r all ladies, errr no problem one ba... Finally we went into the Onsen after some mental struggle.. Hahahhaa!!!
Theres lots of obasan inside and they saw my untied hair, they taught me how to tie it up(thank you!). XM still very shy. The water is bronze in color. And cure:
"Kinsen(Strongly basic ferruginous sodium chloride spring of a high temperature) - This is effective for excessive sensitivity to cold, back problem, muscle & joint pain, distal hematogenous disorder, every kind of allergic skin affection, chronic eczema, hives, wounds, and burn etc."
Sounds good right? The temperature of the water is 40 ~ 42 degrees.. Hot!!! But good!!! Hahaha.. After Onsen, XM say ok la, pretty liao! Sayuri taught us to drink cold(milk or yogurt drink) after Onsen. The bottle so cute!! N the drink, yummy. I tik its 100+yen only.
Arima is a tradition looking town. You can see from the photos that theres hills, tradition looking shops and handmade senbei.I saw sometig interesting. Its a bun(err 50 yen I tik). We dont know whats inside. Sayuri n I bought one each to try. Oh! its red bean. But different from SG's Red bean paste pao. The dough is soft and u can see real red beans n not the paste. We tried their fish cake too.
We went back to the town and to a cake shop! 2004, we came to Kobe, we ate cakes here but XM was too full and she regretted not having any. So her request? To come here again for cakes!
Sayuri n I were greedy, so 2 pcs each with a drink(I had xmas strawberry cake and Tiramisu with berries). Only 1pc for XM. Yummy!!!! Its so so good!! Too bad SG doesnt has such nice cake! Mine total, 1000 yen I tik.
Next we revisited the pasta shop which we went b4. XM missed the veggie pasta. Sayuri and I had Veggie wif tuna pasta! Yummy!! Now Im missing it liao! Its 1000yen each. Its not expensive yo..
Today is the last day of the Lumine lights up. Road closure for human traffic to flow through. We took 30mins from the start of the queue till the start of the Lumine deco stretch. Its really stunning! Hard to describe. We were so absorbed by the decos. Its like palace,grand, bright! Everyone started taking photos.
Around 8.30pm. We "shooed" Sayuri back home. As she will take 2 hrs again to reach home. So we didnt wan to hold her back. XM & I went to Kobe harbor to see the view and we saw the Orion star again! Its a clear sky with many many stars stars.... This is life...

No comments: