Friday, January 11, 2008

5th Japan Trip 2007 - #12

While we were having breakfast at our hotel, it started snowing. My mum was very excited coz tts her main reason for coming to Japan, to see snow falling. She seen snow but not falling. Well She got her wish came true.
After breakfast, we went to Otaru. On the way, the scenery was so beautiful especially when we saw the sea. thats jus right next to the train tracks.
We reached Otaru after 30+mins train ride.
It's so much like in drama scene. Hahaha.. The old looking station, the snow, the tracks, the train thats ready to leave, ppl rushing in and out. Hahaha..
We took a walk out towards Otaru Canal. And of coz to a place thats famous for selling strange flavor of ice cream, Kitano ice cream ya.
Take a look at the menu. Dont you tik some of the flavor very very strange? Actually I wanted the Natto or Crab flavor, but they were sold out. So I'd got no choice but choosed the next strange one, squid. Its black in color.
The taste? hmmm well, it had a bit of fishy taste, but its still sweet, I tik coz of milk that was added in. XM didnt wan to be tt daring, she took white peach which had a very sweet scent. My parents and sis also wanted somethg normal, so I ordered melon and Aloe yogurt. They enjoyed it, but no one dare to eat mine coz they find it scary. But I quite like it leh.
Moving on, we saw alot of DIY shops. You can make your own musical box.
Just choose the figurings that you like, the type of music you want, and you can start making ur very own, 1 in the world musical box. Though I very very much wanted to do one, but my dad said its going to be tough bringing it back to SG,coz its too fragile and we are going to many places still. So.... :(
Next we came by clustered of low rise buildings that has lots of food eateries.
Theres sushi shop, Ramen shop(only 450yen), Rice(Don) shop etc and etc.
Sounds good! but errr still not hungry especially after the very rich Ice cream.
So see, see look look can la..
We turned into a street and to our surprise, the whole street of shops belongs to the same company, glass products making company. See this tree, the shiny thgy tts on the tree, they're not ice nor water droplets. Its little crystal like glass.
At the background of this photo is whr u could DIY, blow ur own design glass.
You can also make your own bracelet. Very very customized gift.
We saw Waraku shop here. My sis n I very keened to try out but not only its full house, but they also only had sushi at tt time coz its special promotion period.
So ended up going to a Ramen shop.
Not only the bowl was big with lots of bean sprouts but its quite cheap also. Average 700 yen per bowl. Haha.. Tik my sis and XM enjoyed it coz many many bean sprouts and they're very fresh didnt have the taste that Im very scared of.
After meal, the shop gave each person one free ice cream. Very sweet and thoughtful.
After lunch around 2.30pm, snow started to fall again.
We went to the famous Otaru Canal to take pictures. Very romantic with snow. Many tourist were here too to take photo. A TV station is here too to record a program. I think its some cooking program.
Taking a slow walk down the canal side. All the old warehouse had been changed into cafes etc. Its like our boat quay. But, I think our quay lack of the romantic feeling... Maybe no snow? Maybe too crowded?? Maybe too commercialize? Maybe too noisy??
Its getting too cold. Its about -1 degrees. We decided to head back to Sapporo. As we were walking back, one shop attracted my dad. Its a seafood outlet shop. They will cook scallop and crab on the spot for you to eat. No way my dad going to missed that. My mum didnt want it, and XM couldnt eat them. So my sis n I accompanied my dad to eat. We ordered 2 huge scallop and 1 crab soup. Nothing much was added in, only a bit of butter and some sauce. The meat, very sweet and fresh! We have to stand and eat by the roadside.
Maybe I was too tired, maybe the weather too cooling, I fell asleep throughout the journey back.
Upon reaching Sapporo, my sis n I went shopping around and tried the Hokkaido pudding and milk.
XM n parents when back to rest.
Usually the supermarket will have sale 1hr before closing for the day. The price can be slashed by half. Since we were hungry and it was 1hr b4 the closing(8pm), we went round the supermarket to buy food. See the amount of food we had! Total: 2200 Yen. Tts about 440 Yen per person. Less than SGD$6. Very very worth it!!!

No comments: